Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Need help resolving No route to host error with OpenMPI 1.1.2
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-11 15:47:07

On Sep 11, 2008, at 3:27 PM, Eric Thibodeau wrote:

> Ok, added to the information from the README, I'm thinking none of
> the 3 configure options have an impact on the said 'threaded TCP
> listener' and the MCA option you suggested should still work, is
> this correct?

It should default to --with-threads=posix, which you'll need for the
threaded listener (it just means that the system supports posix
threads). You can either specify that explicitly or trust configure
to get it right (you can examine the output of configure to check that
it got it right -- but I'm sure it did).

> On that matter, since we're modifying the package to correct this,
> how would I go about enabling `oob_tcp_listen_mode listen_thread` by
> default at compile time?

You can't at compile time, sorry. There's just too many MCA
parameters for us to offer a configure parameter for each one of them.

But you can set the global config file to set this MCA param value by
default:

     http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tuning#setting-mca-params

Cisco Systems