Subject: Re: [OMPI users] prepend the standard output with rank of the process
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-10 17:54:06

This feature is tentatively scheduled on our to-do list, but it won't
be included in the upcoming v1.3 series.

FWIW, the v1.0 series is ancient -- the v1.2 series has had many many
fixes and improvements since then. If the v1.0 series is working for
you, ok, but just be aware that the v1.2 series has lots of
improvements since then.

On Sep 10, 2008, at 5:46 PM, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

> When I use mpiexec from mpich2 1.05.p4, there is an option called -l.
> Using this option with mpiexec prepends each line of the standard
> output with the rank of the process. I am a big fan of this feature
> and it helps in debugging. Is there any such simple trick to prepend
> the standard output with the rank of the process? I am using openmpi
> 1.0.6 at the moment and can upgrade if 1.0.7 has this feature.
>
> thanks
> raju

Cisco Systems