Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How can I pass my user limits (stacksize, etc.) to mpirun in OpenMPI
From: Samuel Sarholz (sarholz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-10 05:08:00

Hi Jeff,

I think setting global limits will not help in this case as the limits
like stacksize need to be program specific.

So far I am using wrappers, however the solution is a bit nasty.
If there is another way it would be great.

Hoever I doubt that there is a way as the FAQ states:

More specifically -- it may not be sufficient to simply execute the
following, because the ulimit may not be in effect on all nodes where
Open MPI processes will be run:
shell$ ulimit -l unlimited
shell$ mpirun -np 2 my_mpi_application

But this case is what is needed as any global or user global (bashrc
zshrc .. ) setting will only work if you run one kind of jobs at the
same time.

And wrapping:
wrap.sh:
ulimit -s 300000