Subject: Re: [OMPI users] users Digest, Vol 1000, Issue 1
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-09 15:18:42

On Sep 9, 2008, at 3:05 PM, Christopher Tanner wrote:

> I think I've found the problem / solution. With Ubuntu, there's a
> program called 'ldconfig' that updates the dynamic linker run-time
> bindings. Since Open MPI was compiled to use dynamic linking, these
> have to be updated. Thus, these commands have to be run on all of
> the nodes
>
> $ sudo ldconfig -v /usr/local/lib
> $ sudo ldconfig -v /usr/local/lib/openmpi

Note that you shouldn't need the 2nd of those -- the only things that
should be in /usr/local/lib/openmpi should be plugins.

FWIW, I do not believe that this is a side effect of the Open MPI
installation. The libraries you cited are part of the Intel compiler
suite, not Open MPI. The above would work if the Intel libraries are
also installed in /usr/local/lib. More specifically, if you had OMPI
and the Intel compilers installed in different directories, you'd
either need to run ldconfig on both of them or adjust your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include both.

Cisco Systems