Subject: Re: [OMPI users] users Digest, Vol 1000, Issue 1
From: Christopher Tanner (christopher.tanner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-09 15:05:01

Jeremy -

I think I've found the problem / solution. With Ubuntu, there's a
program called 'ldconfig' that updates the dynamic linker run-time
bindings. Since Open MPI was compiled to use dynamic linking, these
have to be updated. Thus, these commands have to be run on all of the
nodes

$ sudo ldconfig -v /usr/local/lib
$ sudo ldconfig -v /usr/local/lib/openmpi

When installing from an RPM (in RedHat) or installing for a dpkg (in
Debain), this linking is done automatically at the end of the install.
However, if you compile from source, you have to link it manually.

Now Open MPI runs fine. :)

Chris Tanner
Space Systems Design Lab
Georgia Institute of Technology
christopher.tanner_at_[hidden]

The library you specified in your post (libimf.so) is part of the
Intel Compiler Suite (fce and cce). You'll need to make those
libraries available to your computation nodes and update the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH accordingly.

Jeremy Stout