Subject: Re: [OMPI users] users Digest, Vol 1000, Issue 1
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-09 15:03:10

You might want to double check this; it's an easy thing to test

What you want to check is that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set properly for
*non-interactive logins* (I assume you are using the rsh/ssh launcher
for Open MPI, vs. using a resource manager such as SLURM, Torque,
etc.). For example, try this:

shell$ ssh othernode env | grep LD_LIBRARY_PATH

This runs "env" on the other node and will show you what the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is over there. This is what you want to check
includes the right paths for the Intel libraries. Note that it is
different than:

shell$ ssh othernode
othernode$ env | grep LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Because shell startup files may differentiate between interactive and
non-interactive logins. It depends on your local system setup.

Hope that helps.

On Sep 9, 2008, at 2:58 PM, Christopher Tanner wrote:

> Jeremy -
> Thanks for the help - this bit of advice came up quite a bit through
> internet searches. However, I made sure that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH was
> set and correct on all nodes -- and the error persists.
> Any other possible solutions? Thanks.
> Chris Tanner
> Space Systems Design Lab
> Georgia Institute of Technology