Subject: Re: [OMPI users] CPU burning in Wait state
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-03 13:09:28

Vincent Rotival wrote:

> The solution I retained was for the main thread to isend data
> separately to each other threads that are using Irecv + loop on
> mpi_test to test the finish of the Irecv. It mught be dirty but works
> much better than using Bcast

Thanks for the clarification.

But this strikes me more as a question about the MPI standard than about
the Open MPI implementation. That is, what you really want is for the
MPI API to support a non-blocking form of collectives. You want control
to return to the user program before the barrier/bcast/etc. operation
has completed. That's an API change.