Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problems with compilig of OpenMPI 1.2.7
From: Rolf Vandevaart (Rolf.Vandevaart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-02 10:00:20

On 08/29/08 19:27, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Aug 29, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Rolf Vandevaart wrote:
>
>> In the file mpicxx.cc there is a declaration near the bottom that
>> looks like this.
>>
>> const int LOCK_SHARED = MPI_LOCK_SHARED;
>>
>> The preprocessor is going through that file and replacing LOCK_SHARED
>> with 0x01. Then when it tries to compile it you are trying to compile
>> a line that looks like this.
>>
>> const int 0x01 = 2;
>>
>> That is why you see the error.
>
> Hmm. This hasn't changed in mpicxx.cc for a long time. What made it
> get activated now?

I think I touched upon this in my earlier post. There was a change in
/usr/include/sys/synch.h Solaris header file. And one of the changes was
adding the following line.

#define LOCK_SHARED 0x01 /* same as USYNC_PROCESS */

Therefore, we are seeing it on later versions of Solaris.

Rolf

--
rolf.vandevaart_at_[hidden]