Subject: [OMPI users] problem when mpi_paffinity_alone is set to 1
From: Camille Coti (coti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-22 07:23:52

Hello,

I am trying to run applications on a shared-memory machine. For the
moment I am just trying to run tests on point-to-point communications (a
  trivial token ring) and collective operations (from the SkaMPI tests
suite).

It runs smoothly if mpi_paffinity_alone is set to 0. For a number of
processes which is larger than about 10, global communications just
don't seem possible. Point-to-point communications seem to be OK.

But when I specify --mca mpi_paffinity_alone 1 in my command line, I
get the following error:

mbind: Invalid argument

I looked into the code of maffinity/libnuma, and found out the error
comes from

         numa_setlocal_memory(segments[i].mbs_start_addr,
                              segments[i].mbs_len);

in maffinity_libnuma_module.c.

The machine I am using is a Linux box running a 2.6.5-7 kernel.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Camille