Subject: Re: [OMPI users] bug in MPI_File_get_position_shared ?
From: Yvan Fournier (yvan.fournier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-17 11:47:37

Thanks.

I had also posted the bug on the MPICH2 list, and received an
aswer from the ROMIO maintainers: the issue seems to be related to
NFS file locking bugs. I had been testing on an NFS system, and
when I re-tested under a local (ext3) file system, I did not reproduce
the bug.

I had been experimenting with the MPI-IO using explicit offsets,
individual pointers, and shared pointers, and have workarounds,
so I'll just avoid shared pointers on NFS.

Best regards,

        Yvan Fournier

        EDF R&D