Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to get started?
From: Adam C Powell IV (hazelsct_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-15 12:20:53

A number of distributors provide pre-compiled Open-MPI packages, so one
doesn't need to go to the trouble of compiling it. For example, on
Debian GNU/Linux, Dirk Eddelbuettel has led a packaging effort such that
"apt-get install libopenmpi-dev openmpi-bin" (or the equivalent from
aptitude or synaptic) gets everything one needs to compile and run an
Open-MPI program.

Can someone add this to the FAQ? I'd be glad to contribute a paragraph,
and update it as needed. (E.g. Debian Lenny will have a working version
of 1.2.7-rc2, though Ubuntu Hardy universe has AFAIR a buggy version of
1.2.5...)

-Adam

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 12:47 +0200, jody wrote:
> Hi Anughra
>
> Why don't you check the FAQ first:
> http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/
>
> It answers may questions and also provides instruction to install
> Open-MPI and build MPI applications.
> And, yes, Open-MPI works with gcc.
>
> Jody
>
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Anugraha Sankaranarayanan
> <atomhouse_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > hi all,
> > I'm new to MPI.Can I install OpenMPI for my gcc?I'm using
> > Ubuntu(hardy heron) on a Intel DualCore Notebook.
> >

> > Anugraha.S

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/