Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Fail to install openmpi 1.2.5 on bladecenter with OFED 1.3
From: Mohd Radzi Nurul Azri (nurulazri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-13 21:18:43

Hi,

Yup some OFED build need the 32 bit flag. The earlier issue I had is OFED
1.3 can't install properly with --build32 option. If it worked, then openmpi
1.2.5 32 bit woulr be installed as well. It's a chicken and egg thing.

However now what I've done is to re-install OFED 1.3.1 plus the 32 bit
stuff.

./configure --prefix=/usr/mpi/gcc/32bit --with-openib=/usr CFLAGS=-m32
CXXFLAGS=-m32 FFLAGS=-m32 FCFLAGS=-m32

worked without a problem. And then make and install worked too. Just need to
set the path then I'm done - I think.

Thanks for the input. It's been helpful.

Thank you.
Nurul Azri Mohd Radzi