Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Fail to install openmpi 1.2.5 on bladecenter with OFED 1.3
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-12 13:40:07

You probably need to add --with-openib-libdir=/path/to/your/32/bit/
ofed/libs. I'm guessing that the system installed the 64 bit libs in
the default location and the 32 bit libs in a different location. If
that's the case, then --with-openib-libdir will tell OMPI specifically
where to look for those libs and use those instead.

On Aug 12, 2008, at 1:32 PM, Mohd Radzi Nurul Azri wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I've been trying to install openmpi 1.2.5 on my cluster system
> running RHEL 4 (x64) with OFED 1.3. I need openmpi 1.2.5 (32 bit)
> and OFED seems to only install 64 bit version. I tried to build OFED
> with 32 bit support but it failed so I figure it's best to just
> compile 32 bit openmpi. I followed the FAQ and few user experience
> on the web.
>
> I ran this command:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/mpi/gcc/32bit --with-openib=/usr CFLAGS=-
> m32 CXXFLAGS=-m32 FFLAGS=-m32 FCFLAGS=-m32
>
> and after few scrolling lines, it stops here:
> --- MCA component btl:openib (m4 configuration macro)
> checking for MCA component btl:openib compile mode... dso
> looking for header without includes
> checking infiniband/verbs.h usability... yes
> checking infiniband/verbs.h presence... yes
> checking for infiniband/verbs.h... yes
> looking for library without search path
> checking for ibv_open_device in -libverbs... no
> looking for library in lib
> checking for ibv_open_device in -libverbs... no
> looking for library in lib64
> checking for ibv_open_device in -libverbs... no
> checking for ibv_create_srq... no
> checking for ibv_get_device_list... no
> checking for ibv_resize_cq... no
> configure: WARNING: OpenFabrics support requested (via --with-
> openib) but not fo und.
> configure: WARNING: If you are using libibverbs v1.0 (i.e., OFED
> v1.0 or v1.1), you *MUST* have both the libsysfs headers and
> libraries installed. Later versio ns of libibverbs do not require
> libsysfs.
> configure: error: Aborting.
>

> What went wrong? From the error it says early OFED version which is
> not the one I'm using (running OFED 1.3 now).
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated.
>

> --
> Thank you.
>
> azri