Subject: [OMPI users] Failure to include Myrinet MX in install
From: STUART PURVES (stuart.purves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-06 11:15:07

*** Before acting on this email or opening any attachment you are advised to read the disclaimer at the end of this email ***

ompi_info reports
Open MPI: 1.2.6
Open MPI SVN revision: r17946
Open RTE: 1.2.6
Open RTE SVN revision: r17946
OPAL: 1.2.6
OPAL SVN revision: r17946
Prefix: /usr/local
Configured architecture: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
 < .... more output ... >
mpirun default --prefix: no
[sparenode:15092] mca: base: component_find: unable to open mtl mx: file
not found (ignored)
[sparenode:15092] mca: base: component_find: unable to open btl mx: file
not found (ignored)
[sparenode:15092] mca: base: component_find: unable to open mtl mx: file
not found (ignored)
MCA backtrace: execinfo (MCA v1.0, API v1.0, Component v1.2.6)
 < ... more output .... >

The system is HP DL145 with RHEL5 (2.6.18-92.el5xen), with
Myrinet-2000 PCIX-based NIC
using mx2g_1.2.6 installed to /opt/mx. The last attempt at an install on
the system was

./configure --with-mx=/opt/mx
make all install

This was in conjunction with the good folks at Myrinet tech support who
have now directed me here
as we cannot see why there is a problem. My previous attempts have also
used the --with-mx-libdir to
point to /opt/mx/lib , /opt/mx/lib64 , to no good effect.

Kinda stumped on this build, what's my mistake or next move ?

*** Disclaimer ***
The information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent correspondence may be subject to the Export Control Act (ECA) 2002. The content is private and is intended solely for the recipient(s).
For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance on such information is prohibited and may be unlawful.

If received in error please return to sender immediately.

Under the laws of England misuse of information that is subject to the ECA 2002, is a criminal offence.

Westland Helicopters Ltd
Lysander Road
Yeovil BA20 2YB
England