Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Heap profiling with OpenMPI
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-05 11:51:51

Jan,

I'm using valgrind with Open MPI on a [very] regular basis and I never
had any problems. I usually want to know the execution path on the MPI
applications. For this I use:
mpirun -np XX valgrind --tool=callgrind -q --log-file=some_file ./my_app

I just run your example:
     mpirun -np 2 -bynode --mca btl tcp,self valgrind --tool=massif -
q ./NPmpi -u 4
and I got 2 non empty files in the current directory:
     bosilca_at_dancer:~/NetPIPE_3.6.2$ ls -l massif.out.*
     -rw------- 1 bosilca bosilca 140451 2008-08-05 11:57 massif.out.
21197
     -rw------- 1 bosilca bosilca 131471 2008-08-05 11:57 massif.out.
21210