Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to specify hosts for MPI_Comm_spawn
From: Mark Borgerding (markb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-04 00:59:51

Robert Kubrick wrote:
> You should be able to merge each child communicator from each accept
> thread into a global comm anyway.

Can you elaborate? I am struggling to see how to implement this. A
pointer to sample code would be helpful.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to have a single process
merge/join/aggregate a bunch of intercommunicators into one group and
have a single communicator for it. FWIW, the intercommunicators are
point-to-point from several calls to MPI_Comm_join.

MPI_Group_union looks promising, but I cannot see any way of retrieving
the communicator given a group.