Subject: [OMPI users] Fwd: Getting default hostfile on Open MPI 1.3
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-03 12:45:25

Sorry for the delay - this one slipped past me.

There was an internal change to the way we handle hostfiles in Open
MPI, so the parameter changed. The correct way to specify a system-
wide default host file is indeed to set OMPI_MCA_orte_default_hostfile
in your environment, or to set orte_default_hostfile in the default
MCA parameter file. You can also specify it on the command line as --
default-hostfile.

The value is NULL by default as we do not have a default name for the
system-wide hostfile. So you have to specify it for us.

Given that our handling of hostfiles has changed, it might be worth
reviewing the notes on the wiki:

https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/HostFilePlan

Alternatively, there is a man page in 1.3 that also covers this
material: man orte_hosts

Ralph

Begin forwarded message: