Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Segmentation fault: Address not mapped
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-01 08:58:26

On Jul 30, 2008, at 8:31 AM, James Philbin wrote:

> OK, to answer my own question, I recompiled OpenMPI appending
> '--with-memory-manager=none' to configure and now things seem to run
> fine. I'm not sure how this might affect performance, but at least
> it's working now.

If you're not using OpenFabrics networks or older Myrinet (GM)
networks, it won't impact performance at all. The memory manager is
*only* used to improve the bandwidth of large messages on these
networks.

> Maybe this can be put in the FAQ?

Yes, it probably should be... I'll add it to the doc tickets for
v1.3. Thanks for the heads up.

Cisco Systems