Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Segmentation fault: Address not mapped
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-01 08:58:26

On Jul 30, 2008, at 8:31 AM, James Philbin wrote:

> OK, to answer my own question, I recompiled OpenMPI appending
> '--with-memory-manager=none' to configure and now things seem to run
> fine. I'm not sure how this might affect performance, but at least
> it's working now.

If you're not using OpenFabrics networks or older Myrinet (GM)
networks, it won't impact performance at all. The memory manager is
*only* used to improve the bandwidth of large messages on these

> Maybe this can be put in the FAQ?

Yes, it probably should be... I'll add it to the doc tickets for
v1.3. Thanks for the heads up.

Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems