Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Missing F90 modules
From: Scott Beardsley (scott_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-30 16:15:54

Brock Palen wrote:
> On all MPI's I have always used there was only MPI
>
> use mpi;

Please excuse my admittedly gross ignorance of all things Fortran but
why does "include 'mpif.h'" work but "use mpi" does not? When I try the
"use mpi" method I get errors like:

$ mpif90 -c cart.f

       call mpi_cart_get( igcomm,2,ivdimx,lvperx, mygrid, ierr)
            ^
pathf95-389 pathf90: ERROR CART, File = cart.f, Line = 34, Column = 12
   No specific match can be found for the generic subprogram call
"MPI_CART_GET"

$ mpif90 -c cartfoo.f
$ diff cart.f cartfoo.f
3,4c3,4
< C include 'mpif.h'
< use mpi;

---
 >       include 'mpif.h'
 > C      use mpi;
$
 From the googling I've done it seems like "use mpi" is preferred[1].
I've made sure that my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH has the directory that MPI.mod
is in.
Scott
--------
[1] http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi-20-html/node243.htm