Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to specify hosts for MPI_Comm_spawn
From: Mark Borgerding (markb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-30 09:55:35

I'm afraid I can't dictate to the customer that they must upgrade.
The target platform is RHEL 5.2 ( uses openmpi 1.2.6 )

I will try to find some sort of workaround. Any suggestions on how to
"fake" the functionality of MPI_Comm_spawn are welcome.

To reiterate my needs:
I am writing a shared object that plugs into an existing framework.
I do not control how the framework launches its processes (no mpirun).
I want to start remote processes to crunch the data.
The shared object marshall the I/O between the framework and the remote
processes.

-- Mark