Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to specify hosts for MPI_Comm_spawn
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-30 08:58:23

As your own tests have shown, it works fine if you just "mpirun -n 1 ./
spawner". It is only singleton comm_spawn that appears to be having a
problem in the latest 1.2 release. So I don't think comm_spawn is
"useless". ;-)

I'm checking this morning to ensure that singletons properly spawns on
other nodes in the 1.3 release. I sincerely doubt we will backport a
fix to 1.2.