Subject: [OMPI users] Open MPI unable to find threading support for PGI or Sun Studio
From: Mark Dixon (m.c.dixon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-28 12:02:47

Hi,

I've been attempting to build Open MPI 1.2.6 using a variety of compilers
including, but not limited to, PGI 7.1-6 and Sun Studio 12 (200709) on a
CentOS 5.2 32-bit Intel box.

Building against either of the above compilers results in the following
message produced by configure:

Open MPI was unable to find threading support on your system. In the
near future, the OMPI development team is considering requiring
threading support for proper OMPI execution. This is in part because
we are not aware of any users that do not have thread support - so we
need you to e-mail us at ompi_at_[hidden] and let us know about this
problem.

I've attached files showing the output of configure and my environment to
this message.

Is this expected?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Dixon                       Email    : m.c.dixon_at_[hidden]
HPC/Grid Systems Support         Tel (int): 35429
Information Systems Services     Tel (ext): +44(0)113 343 5429
University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK