Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Want to build a static openmpi with both myrinet and tcp
From: Aurélien Bouteiller (bouteill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-27 18:38:50

Add the following flags to your configure line.

--disable-dlopen --disable-shared --enable-static --with-mx=/some/path/
to/mx/lib

Even if everything is compiled static, the selection logic (as well as
the mca parameters --mca btl=tcp,mx,self...) will continue working as
usual.

Last, there is no clear benefit in compiling static on systems
supporting dynamic.

Aurelien
Le 27 juil. 08 à 13:20, Borenstein, Bernard S a écrit :

> We now have a cluster with myrinet and another cluster with tcp. I
> want
> to build a static OPENMPI that will detect if there is myrinet on the
> cluster and use that, if myrinet is not available, run with tcp. I
> see
> the --enable-mca-static option but am confused as to how to use
> it for what I want to do. Could someone please provide an example of
> the configure command to do what I want??
>
> Thanx,
>
> Bernie Borenstein
> The Boeing Company

* Dr. Aurélien Bouteiller
* Sr. Research Associate at Innovative Computing Laboratory
* University of Tennessee
* 1122 Volunteer Boulevard, suite 350
* Knoxville, TN 37996
* 865 974 6321