Subject: Re: [OMPI users] how to make a process start and then join a MPI group
From: Mark Borgerding (markb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-26 13:23:20

Okay, so I've gotten a little bit closer.

I'm using MPI_Comm_spawn to start several children processes. The
problem is that the children are in their own group, separate from the
parent (just the like the documentation says). I want to merge the
children's group with the parent group so I can efficiently Send/Recv
data between them..

Is this possible?

Plan B: I guess if there is no elegant way to merge all those processes
into one group, I can connect sockets and make intercomms to talk from
the parent directly to each child.

-- Mark