Subject: [OMPI users] How to cease the process triggered by OPENMPI
From: vega lew (vegalew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-26 12:25:54

Dear all,

I have enjoyed the openmpi a couple of days. With the help of openmpi I could run ESPRESSO efficiently.

I started the mpi-job by the openmpi command like this,

" nohup mpirun -hostfile ~/hostfile -np 64 pw.x < input > output &".

When I want to stop the job before it finished, I find it not easy to stop all the process manually. When I killed the process
in one node of the cluster, the processes in other nodes were still running. So I must ssh to every node, find the
process id and kill the process. If there are 100 processors or more for one mpi job, the situation even worse.

Is there a command for openmpi to force all the process to stop in the cluster or a list of nodes to stop.

vega

Vega Lew £¨weijia liu)
PH.D Candidate in Chemical Engineering

State Key Laboratory of Materials-oriented Chemical Engineering
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Nanjing University of Technology, 210009, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Explore the seven wonders of the world