Subject: [OMPI users] how to make a process start and then join a MPI group
From: Mark Borgerding (markb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-25 22:01:15

I am writing a code module that plugs into a larger application
framework. That framework loads my code module as a shared object.
So I do not control how the first process gets started, but I still want
it to be able to start and participate in an MPI group.

Here's roughly what I want to happen ( I think):

framework app running (not under my control)
        -> framework loads mycode.so shared object into its process
               -> mycode.so starts mpi programs on several hosts (e.g.
via system call to mpiexec )
               -> initial mycode.so process participates in the group he
just started (e.g. he shows up in MPI_Comm_group, can use MPI_Send,
MPI_Recv, etc. )

Can this be done?

I am running under Centos 5.2

Thanks,