Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi on linux-ia64
From: Eloi Gaudry (eloi.gaudry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-23 09:58:42

No, our code is supposed to call MPI_init prior to any further MPI_* call.
Anyway, I finally found the reason for this error (sorry I spoiled the
list being unable to find my own mistakes...) and corrected our build
system.

For different reasons, we generate a sequential and a parallel binary
(both linked with different openmpi libraries, the sequential one being
linked with a fake "mpi" library too that will redefine some methods
when running sequential) of this code.
I somehow managed to link the sequential binary as:
  my_objects + the_fake_mpi_library + the openmpi libraries needed (cf.
what mpicc --show:link says) (the mpi compilers wrappers add necessary
flags as a postfix to the build command)
instead of:
  my_objects + the openmpi libraries needed (cf. what mpicc --show:link
says) +the_fake_mpi_library
As a consequence, when the "sequential" binary called MPI_init (assuming
it was the method redefined in the fake_mpi library), it was actually
calling the the MPI_init method from the openmpi library.

Thanks for your reactivity Jeff,
Eloi