Subject: Re: [OMPI users] getting fortran90 to compile
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-14 07:01:37

On Jul 13, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Doug Reeder wrote:

> I believe you need to ad F90=/usr/bin/gfortran-4.2 (or something
> similar) to the configure arguments, FC= just gets f77 support.

A minor clarification:

- FC is for the Fortran 90 compiler
- F77 is for the Fortran 77 compiler

(we didn't make these names up; they're the GNU Autotools standard
names)

It sounds like Open MPI specifically decided not to build F90
support. The output from configure will specifically state why it
chose not to build F90 support; this is the first place to check.

See http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/.

Cisco Systems