Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Object Send Doubt
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-13 13:25:59

On 08:10 Sun 13 Jul , Carlos Henrique da Silva Santos wrote:
> Ok. Gabriele,
> But I would like to know, how can I define DATATYPE on send and
> recv? Could you give me an example?
> For example, my class has the following design and I want to
> send/recv Test object.
>
> class Test {
> private:
> int coordinate;
> vector<double> s;
> public:
> void setD(int, vector<double>);
> double getParameter(int);
> vector<double> getAll(void);
> }

Hi Carlos,

the problem with this object is that it contains a pointer to malloc'd
memory (the vector). Since datatypes can only be used for objects with
fixed size (and layout), you can't define an MPI_Datatype for
this. I'd suggest you to use Boost.MPI in this case
(http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/doc/html/mpi.html)

Cheers
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
Cluster and Metacomputing Working Group
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany
0049/3641-9-46376
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!