Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Object Send Doubt
From: Gabriele Fatigati (g.fatigati_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-13 05:33:11

Hi Carlos,
simply you can send all object's field and rebuild new object in destination
process. Maybe, you have to delete old object in source process. Remember
that you can't send address (eg: pointers) because they refera in local
memory. If you want to do "deep copy" of object, you have to send the entire
structures pointed to.

2008/7/13 Carlos Henrique da Silva Santos <santos.chs_at_[hidden]>:

> Mr. Andreas,
> (English) I tried to apply MPI_Type_create_struct(), which is
> correct for C Struct, as showed
> (
> https://hec.wiki.leeds.ac.uk/pub/Techniques/ParallelComputing/MPI_course.pdf
> ).
> But, I can't solve it for C++ object.
>
> (Portuguese) Eu tentei aplicar MPI_Type_create_struct(), que
> funcionou em Struct do C, como mostrado em
> (
> https://hec.wiki.leeds.ac.uk/pub/Techniques/ParallelComputing/MPI_course.pdf
> ).
> Mas eu não consegui resolvê-lo para objetos em C++.
>
> Thank you,
> Grato,
>
> Carlos

Gabriele Fatigati
CINECA Systems & Tecnologies Department
Supercomputing Group
Via Magnanelli 6/3, Casalecchio di Reno (BO) Italy
www.cineca.it Tel: +39 051 6171722
g.fatigati_at_[hidden]