Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Query regarding OMPI_MCA_ns_nds_vpid env variable
From: Ralph H Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-11 09:20:10

This variable is only for internal use and has no applicability to a user.
Basically, it is used by the local daemon to tell an application process its
rank when launched.

Note that it disappears in v1.3...so I wouldn't recommend looking for it. Is
there something you are trying to do with it?

Reason I ask: some folks wanted to know things like the MPI rank prior to
calling MPI_Init, so we added a few MPI envar's that are available from
beginning of process execution, if that is what you are looking for.

Ralph