Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI locking up only on IB
From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-03 11:20:32

Ok it looks like a bigger problem. The segfault is not related to
OMPI because when I go and rebuild 1.2 or another version we use with
IB all the time, it will now fail with a segfault when forcing IB.
The old libs of the same version still work. They of-course do not
have the flag to turn off early completion.

Was there an older version of OpenMPI that did not suffer from the
early completion problem? We have many installed and for a quick test
latest and greatest would not be of much concern while we track down
the problem on our end.

We are on RHEL4 using OFED provided by redhat. The error is
"address not mapped to object"

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing