Subject: [OMPI users] Terminating processes started by MPI_Comm_spawn
From: Keith Chan (keith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-01 00:50:52

Hi all,

Say I've created a number of child processes using MPI_Comm_spawn:

int num_workers = 5;
MPI_Comm workers;
MPI_Comm_spawn("./worker", MPI_ARGV_NULL, num_workers, MPI_INFO_NULL, 0,
    MPI_COMM_SELF, &workers, MPI_ERRCODES_IGNORE);

If for some reason I needed to terminate the worker child processes prematurely,
how should I go about doing that? I tried:

MPI_Abort(workers, 1);

... but the worker processes were still happily executing away, even though
theey should have been SIGTERM-ed.

Can anyone share some insight into what I might be doing wrong? I'm currently
using Open MPI version 1.2.5.

Cheers,
Keith.