Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Displaying Selected MCA Modules
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-25 14:01:24

On Jun 24, 2008, at 9:13 PM, Joshua Bernstein wrote:

> Exactly, but for now, if I make sure the NODES envar is setup
> correctly and make sure the OpenMPI is NFS mounted, and I actually
> have to copy out the mca libraries (libcache doesn't seem to work),
> I actually end up with something running!

FWIW, you might be getting tripped up on the fact that OMPI uses
dlopen to find all of its DSO's (i.e., the stuff in $libdir/openmpi).
If scyld proxies dlopen back to the head node, it could work, but if
not, you might want to build OMPI with the "--disable-dlopen"
configure option. This puts all the plugins inside libmpi.so (and
friends), and disables the use of dlopen. This might make operation
via your magic .so transporting to back-end nodes work properly.

Cisco Systems