Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Displaying Selected MCA Modules
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-20 08:29:25

Greetings Josh.

No, we don't have an easy way to show which plugins were loaded and
may/will be used during the run. The modules you found below in --
display-map are only a few of the plugins (all dealing with the run-
time environment, and only used on the back-end nodes, so it may not
be what you're looking for -- e.g., it doesn't show the plugins used
by mpirun).

What do you need to know?

On Jun 19, 2008, at 7:00 PM, Joshua Bernstein wrote:

> Well to answer my own question,
>
> If I use the -display-map option, I get printed out a nice bit of
> information that includes a list of the modules in use during the
> run as shown below:
>
> ---SNIP---
> Argv[0]: ./cpi
> Env[0]: OMPI_MCA_pls=proxy
> Env[1]: OMPI_MCA_rmaps_base_display_map=1
> Env[2]:
> OMPI_MCA_orte_precondition_transports
> =ad81e32181314110-4aea4dd5040c2593
> Env[3]: OMPI_MCA_rds=proxy
> Env[4]: OMPI_MCA_ras=proxy
> Env[5]: OMPI_MCA_rmaps=proxy
> Env[6]: OMPI_MCA_rmgr=proxy
> Working dir: /home/ats (user: 0)
> ---END SNIP--
>
> -Josh
>
> Joshua Bernstein wrote:
>> Hi There,
>> I'm attempting to debug some configuration issue with the recent
>> version of OMPI, version 1.2.6. I'm able to build all of the MCA
>> modules, and I've figured out how to display the list of AVAILABLE
>> modules using ompi_info, but is there a way to display the list of
>> modules that was selected at runtime? I've tried the -v option to
>> mpirun, and read through the FAQs, but I can't seem to figure out
>> how to have OMPI display the selected MCAs when a job starts. Any
>> help or guidance would be appreciated.
>> -Josh

Cisco Systems