Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI with bounds checking
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-20 07:32:19

On Jun 19, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Gabriele Fatigati wrote:

> >does the gcc bounds checking stuff give you the possibility of
> saying "this memory is ok"?
>
> I think yes.

How does one do so? It may be worthwhile to expand our support for
gcc bounds checking (i.e., beyond just valgrind). The valgrind memory-
checking support was added as a component, so it may be possible to
add a gcc-bounds-checking component as well.

Although we are feature-frozen for v1.3, so I doubt if this will make
it in for the v1.3 release.

Cisco Systems