Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI with bounds checking
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-19 11:32:23

On Jun 19, 2008, at 11:25 AM, Gabriele Fatigati wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
> i solved using Gigabit net and eth1 interface!
>
> So, there are problems beetween Infiniband and gcc with bound
> checking.

This is probably not too surprising -- the IB driver gives back memory
to the process that didn't come from malloc or other traditional
memory allocators, and this can confuse bounds checkers, leading to
false positives.

In the upcoming v1.3 series, we added a whole pile of stuff to handle
these kinds of false positives when running under valgrind. Just
curious -- does the gcc bounds checking stuff give you the possibility
of saying "this memory is ok"? (valgrind does; we use it for IB-
driver allocated or initialized memory)

Cisco Systems