Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI with bounds checking
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-17 10:37:14

I'm afraid that we've never tested OMPI under these conditions; I
don't know exactly what xgcc is testing for, so I don't know why it
would fail. There could be weird interactions between the OFED stack
and xgcc...? (i.e., memory "appears" from the kernel via ibv_*
function calls, etc.)

On Jun 14, 2008, at 7:58 AM, Gabriele Fatigati wrote:

> Hi Open MPI developers,
>
> I compiled OpenMPI 1.2.6 with xgcc, a gcc version with bounds-
> checking support. But i have a problem with a simply MPI application
> compiled with -fbounds-checking flags.
>
> The job doesn't works and it is locked to MPI_Init(), doing nothing.
> It is a very strange behaviour. I tried to increase various
> Infiniband timeout, like btl_openib_ib_timeout, orte_abort_timeout
> and btl_openib_ib_min_rnr_timer without results.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> Gabriele Fatigati
>
> CINECA Systems & Tecnologies Department
>
> Supercomputing Group
>
> Via Magnanelli 6/3, Casalecchio di Reno (BO) Italy
>
> www.cineca.it Tel: +39 051 6171722

Cisco Systems