Subject: Re: [OMPI users] help me please, about Open MPI
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-16 13:05:06

Dear Mister Smith,

Thank you for installing Open MPI.

On 12:51 Mon 16 Jun , Tony Smith wrote:
> I have changed PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

Please be aware that you have to make those changes within your job
script. Otherwise they will only affect your local shell.

> But, how can I make sure that the application is run by Open MPI not by mpich-

You could enforce a certain mpirun by using its absolute path, e.g
"/ptmp/myname/openmpi123/ompi123_install/bin/mpirun foo" instead of
just "mpirun foo".

> I deleted /opt/mpich-gm/bin from PATH and added

You should not need to delete, just add in front of MPICH.

> Would you please help me with that ?

I utterly hope I just did.

Most sincerely yours ;-)
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
Cluster and Metacomputing Working Group
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!