Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI instructional videos
From: Scott Atchley (atchley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-04 09:03:40

Jeff,

If I remember correctly, Microsoft dropped support for .AVI 3-4 years
ago so it can no longer be played by their media player. It is also
not native to QT, so you will have to download a plugin (I have it
somewhere if you want me to look for it).

I do not know if there is a container format that all players are
happy with. My guess would be that MP4 would be the closest.

You can convert .mov to .mp4 with a free command-line app, qt_export,
which is part of qt_tools. It uses the QT libraries and can transcode
to a number of video and audio formats (including AVI if you have the
QT plugin).

Scott