Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem with NFS + PVFS2 + OpenMPI
From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-29 15:33:38

Well don't run like this. Have PVFS have NFS, don't mix them like
that your asking for pain, my 2 cents.

I get this error all the time also, you have to disable a large
portion of the caching that NFS does to make sure that all MPI-IO
clients get true data on the file they are all trying to access. To
make this work check in your /etc/fstab and see if you have the
'noac' option. This is attribute caching, this must be disabled.

On that note PVFS2 is made for doing MPI-IO to multiple hosts (thus
no need for NFS) because it was made with MPI-IO in mind it should
work out the box.

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing