Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Maui + Slurm + OpenMPI
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-22 11:26:43

Open MPI should just be *using* SLURM and should be agnostic of
whatever scheduler you choose to use (indeed, OMPI doesn't even have
visibility of which scheduler you are using). OMPI's mpirun will use
"srun" to launch the MPI processes in a SLURM job -- it may be helpful
to see check out what is happening differently with Maui with the sub-
srun that mpirun invokes...?

The SLURM development list might be able to provide more insight here.

On May 22, 2008, at 11:22 AM, Romaric David wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to make use of Maui 1.3.6p19 + Slurm 1.2.29 + OpenMPI
> 1.2.6 together.
>
> I am currently trying to have slurm procs --ntasks-per-node
> specification work
> with openmpi.
>
> I submit a simple mpirun job with :
> sbatch -N 2 --ntasks-per-node=1 myscript where myscript only
> contains an mpirun command.
>
> When submitting this script using slurm's builtin scheduler, all
> runs perfectly and processes
> get dispatched, one per node, allright.
>
> When using maui scheduler, the mpi program does not start : the mpi
> executable
> does not get read.
>
> Would mpirun be confused by the environment transmitted by slurm/
> maui ?
>
> Do you have a clue on this ?
>
> Regards,
> Romaric