Subject: Re: [OMPI users] "Sorry! You were supposed to get help about..."
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-21 13:09:32

If everything that should be in the OMPI package data directory is in
a different location, then you can setenv OPAL_PKGDATADIR to the new
location. The two sets of files that are normally in this location
are the OMPI help files (help-*.txt) and the wrapper compiler data
files (mpi*-wrapper-data.txt).

On May 20, 2008, at 10:59 AM, Alex L. wrote:

> "rpm -q -f ..." tells me that the files came from RedHat's
> openmpi-1.2.3-1 RPM package which is distributed with this RHEL 4 U6
> release. Of course i can (and will) report this to RedHat, and waite
> for
> their bug fix. But for the fast way: without moving any files
> through the
> filesystem is there any way to tell OMPI where the files are, anyone ?
>
> Thanks in advance, Alex.
>
> On Mon, 19 May 2008, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
>> It feels like OMPI is somehow looking for the help files in the wrong
>> place. Were they moved after OMPI was installed? How did you
>> install
>> OMPI?
>>

>> On May 16, 2008, at 10:30 AM, Alex L. wrote:
>>

>>> Hello Everybody,
>>>
>>> i got a little bit annoying situation with OMPI error messages
>>> on a RHEL 4-something box. Every time i should see a error
>>> message i recieve something like:

>>> Sorry! You were supposed to get help about:
>>> orterun:init-failure
>>> from the file:
>>> help-orterun.txt
>>> But I couldn't find any file matching that name. Sorry!
>>>
>>> i know that the help-files (and only the help-files not
>>> the whole installation) are located in:
>>> /usr/share/openmpi/1.2.3-gcc/help64/openmpi/*
>>>
>>> Is it possible to tell OMPI to look for the help files
>>> in this direcotry ? Some ENV variable or a --option ?
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance, Alex

>> --
>> Jeff Squyres
>> Cisco Systems