Subject: [OMPI users] Open-MPI spawn problem
From: Robert Rehammar (robert.rehammar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-14 07:56:38

Dear Open-MPI users,

I am new to MPI in general and also specifically to open-MPI. I am using
an MPI ready tool (meep) for computations. Now I have installed meep-mpi
compiled with latest version of open-mpi which I downloaded and
installed locally (there is also a system wide open-mpi version
available in my system) on a quad-processor PC. Now I have a, probably
trivial, problem when trying to run meep-mpi with
/local/bin/mpirun -np 4 /local/bin/meep-mpi

And that is that this command seems to spawn four copies of meep that
does not collaborate, they run the same thing all of them some how. I
have searched both the opmi and meep mail archives without finding
anything about this and would very much appreciate any input available!

Best regards,
Robert Rehammar

--
Robert Rehammar