Subject: [OMPI users] Open-MPI spawn problem
From: Robert Rehammar (robert.rehammar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-14 07:56:38

Dear Open-MPI users,

I am new to MPI in general and also specifically to open-MPI. I am using
an MPI ready tool (meep) for computations. Now I have installed meep-mpi
compiled with latest version of open-mpi which I downloaded and
installed locally (there is also a system wide open-mpi version
available in my system) on a quad-processor PC. Now I have a, probably
trivial, problem when trying to run meep-mpi with
/local/bin/mpirun -np 4 /local/bin/meep-mpi

And that is that this command seems to spawn four copies of meep that
does not collaborate, they run the same thing all of them some how. I
have searched both the opmi and meep mail archives without finding
anything about this and would very much appreciate any input available!

Best regards,
Robert Rehammar

Robert Rehammar
Applied Physics, Chalmers University of Technology
Department of Physics, Göteborg University
SE-421 96 Göteborg
Tel +46 (0)31 772 3156
Fax +46 (0)31 416 984
Cel +46 (0)738 328834