Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Help configuring openmpi
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-13 17:08:59

On May 13, 2008, at 3:15 PM, Juan Carlos Larroya Huguet wrote:

> Thanks very much Jeff, you solved my problem. The new CPU times are
> correct.

Good!

> PS: I was working with openmpi 1.2.5, to test your suggestion I moved
> to version 1.2.6... I tried to install openmpi in my own path using
> configure --prefix=my_path but the make install remains sticky to the
> default path ... /usr/local . I didn't found this problem with the
> version 1.2.5... To bypass this problem I just modified the
> ac_default_prefix variable in the configure file to my path... Maybe
> you
> can make follows this issue to the right person/mail list...

I'm actually the right person. :-)

I'd be very, very surprised if this is broken in OMPI v1.2.6 -- we
tested that tarball thoroughly and we're using standard GNU Autoconf
to generate the configure script (same one that was used to generate
OMPI v1.2.5).

Can you send the output of "head config.log" from your OMPI source
directory?

Cisco Systems