Subject: [OMPI users] Migrating from lam-mpi
From: Rob Malpass (lug_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-13 13:07:30

Hi

Could someone help me out with some documentation? I'm searched the faq
and can't find exactly what I'm after - which is a sort of setup guide.

Thus far, I have a couple of Ubuntu nodes running openmpi-1.2.6. I've
currently got one setup so it can ssh into the other without a password so I
guess all I need to do now is to run the job. With lam, there was
lam-bhost.def but I've not (this is where I need the help) found any
documentation that talks about the hostfile. The only thing I can find is

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#simple-launch

but with lam, as I recall there were a whole host (no pun intended!) of
configuration files and some test scripts like recon and lamboot to "boot
the supercomputer". Are there no such files here?

I hope this doesn't offend - I have searched the faq but I can't find
exactly what I'm after - is there a setup guide somewhere?

Thanks

Rob