Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Leading /usr/lib64 in LD_LIBRARY_PATH
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-08 07:27:25

mpirun only does this when it is using the "prefix" functionality,
which is activated in one of a few ways:

- you use the absolute pathname to mpirun
- you use the "--prefix" option to mpirun
- you configured OMPI with the --enable-mpirun-prefix-by-default option

The intent for this functionality is for users who do not want to set
their PATH / LD_LIBRARY_PATH on remote nodes. This is usually most
useful when OMPI is installed in locations that are not already
included in the PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH (e.g., /opt/openmpi or somesuch).

On May 7, 2008, at 7:01 PM, Ingo Josopait wrote:

> It seems that mpirun adds /usr/lib64 at the beginning of the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable (/usr/lib64 usually corresponds
> /usr/lib on non-amd64 systems):
>
> $ env | grep LIB
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ingo/opt/lib:/home/ingo/opt32/lib:/home/ingo/
> opt/gcc/lib64
>
> $ mpirun env | grep LIB
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64:/home/ingo/opt/lib:/home/ingo/opt32/lib:/
> home/ingo/opt/gcc/lib64
>
> This would normally not be a problem, but I am trying to overload some
> libraries in the /usr/lib64 directory in order to use the debugging
> STL
> of gcc.
>
> Why is /usr/lib64 added to the library path? Is there a reason for it?
> Or is it some configuration error on my system?

Cisco Systems