Subject: Re: [OMPI users] A simple mpi code hangs at MPI_Init?
From: Aurélien Bouteiller (bouteill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-07 16:56:18

Hi,

There is no mpd in Open MPI. mpirun will spawn everything needed for
you. Make sure all your processes call MPI_Init, and not only the root
process. If you mpirun -np 10, 10 processes need to go trough MPI_Init
to allow for further progression.

If this does not solve you problem, please give the Open MPI version
(ompi_info gives it) and check your installation does not collide with
another installation of MPICH or LAM.