Subject: Re: [OMPI users] crash with mpiBLAST
From: Tim Mattox (timattox_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-07 16:27:26

Hi Joe,
Hopefully we can help you figure out what is going wrong with mpiBLAST
and Open MPI. For starters, have a look here for what information would
help us get to the root of the problem:
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

Reconfiguring (and recompiling) Open MPI with --enable-debug would give
us more information, but you might as well send us the call stack first that you
already have.

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Joe Landman
<landman_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Open-MPI team:
>
> I am working on a build of mpiBLAST 1.5.0-pio, and found that the
> code crashes immediately after launch with a seg fault. I used Open-MPI
> 1.2.6 built from the tarball (with just a --prefix directive).
>
> I did just try the code with MPICH 1.2.7p1, and it runs fine. What
> steps should I try to help isolate the issue in Open-MPI? Would it help
> to provide the call stack reported by Open-MPI on crash? Do you need
> rebuild of application and Open-MPI with the -g option (for debugging
> symbols)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Joe
>
> --
> Joseph Landman, Ph.D
> Founder and CEO
> Scalable Informatics LLC,
> email: landman_at_[hidden]
> web : http://www.scalableinformatics.com
> http://jackrabbit.scalableinformatics.com
> phone: +1 734 786 8423
> fax : +1 866 888 3112
> cell : +1 734 612 4615

Tim Mattox, Ph.D. - http://homepage.mac.com/tmattox/
 tmattox_at_[hidden] || timattox_at_[hidden]
 I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net/