Subject: [OMPI users] crash with mpiBLAST
From: Joe Landman (landman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-07 10:08:27

Hi Open-MPI team:

   I am working on a build of mpiBLAST 1.5.0-pio, and found that the
code crashes immediately after launch with a seg fault. I used Open-MPI
1.2.6 built from the tarball (with just a --prefix directive).

   I did just try the code with MPICH 1.2.7p1, and it runs fine. What
steps should I try to help isolate the issue in Open-MPI? Would it help
to provide the call stack reported by Open-MPI on crash? Do you need
rebuild of application and Open-MPI with the -g option (for debugging
symbols)?

   Thanks!

Joe

--